ceyloncoconut.company Incredibly moist, this “Coconut & Pineapple Sponge Cake” is an absolute treat.
4 tablespoons CCC Organic Coconut Flour
3 tablespoons CCC Organic Coconut Sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
4 eggs separated
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
3 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 cup milk
6 slices of pineapple quartered
3 teaspoons CCC Organic Coconut Sugar
1. Place the pineapple and sugar in a pan and let it simmer until the sugar is melted and the liquid is slightly thick.
2. Set aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
4. In another bowl mix wet ingredients except for egg whites.
5. Add wet to dry and mix well to combine. Let it sit for 5 minutes for the coconut flour to absorb the moisture.
6. In another large bowl, beat the egg whites until thick soft peaks form. Fold very gently into the cake batter. Pour the batter into the 6” prepared cake pan.
7. Chop a few stewed pineapple pieces and drop them into the batter.
8. Arrange the rest of the pineapple pieces on top of the batter. Bake in a preheated oven at 200C for 35-40 minutes.
Let it cool completely and enjoy!